Early settlers came to Clinton From New York state and named the village after their state governor, Dewitt Clinton. The site of the Clinton Inn was first settled by Alpheius Kies, who built a log house. After several changes in ownership, Alonzo Clark built the present 3-story brick hotel. It officially opened on Thanksgiving Day in 1901.
The hotel has three stories; the first floor features the full service restaurant, the Clinton Coffeehouse, and coffee lounge. The second floor is all guest rooms while the third has served as apartments since the 1980’s.
The hotel was purchased by the Huffaker Family in May 2019. The hotel was in a state of disrepair at the time of purchase, and numerous improvements have been made. Currently 4 rooms are available for nightly rentals, and larger renovations are planned to bring the hotel back to it’s glory days.